Your curtains can get dusty and dirty every now and then. Not only is it unpleasant to look at, but it will also cause some health problems like allergies. Therefore, cleaning your curtains is essential because it can improve the indoor air quality and prolong the curtain lifetime. There’s a saying “Look after curtains and they’ll last longer. Neglect them and the fibers can rot!”
Follow these five steps to clean your curtains at home
- First, remove all the hooks from the heading tape.
- Refer to your curtain label before proceed to cleaning.
- Types of cleaning methods:
- Soak the curtains in a big bucket with cold water and detergent for 10 minutes. Make sure the detergent has dissolved completely before soaking.
- Then, wash it carefully and do not rub.
- Rinse it thoroughly. Squeeze out as much water as possible or use a short washing machine spin.
- Choose a program for delicate wash.
- Schedule a dry cleaning job with Mama Wosh here.
- Types of drying methods:
Under the sun
- Hang under bright sunlight to dry.
- Hang under shade. Make sure there is constant air flow.
- Clean the curtain tracks, windows and sills before putting back the curtains.